Quality & Compliance
Artemis Electronics is dedicated to providing its customers with the highest possible level of quality assurance, no matter how complex a project may be. The continual improvement of Artemis Electronics’ quality control and compliance measures has allowed for the company to achieve certifications under several quality standards and to establish its reputation for exceeding customer expectations.
AS9100D + ISO 9001:2015 Certified
The company’s quality management system is certified to the stringent QMS requirements of the AS9100D aerospace standard. Artemis Electronics was one of the first vendors to earn these certifications.
Highlights of the Artemis Quality Management System:
- AS9100D + ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certified by QMI-SAI Global in December 2017. Artemis received full recertification in October 2020.
- Scope of Certification: “the design, development, manufacturing, testing, inspection, and servicing of electronic systems, assemblies, power distribution units, power supplies and assemblies, auxiliary power units, control systems, smoke generator engines, and the provision of electronic systems engineering and integration capabilities.”
- We conduct regular audits of our internal quality processes, and emphasize continual improvement of quality processes throughout the organization.
View our AS9100D + ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certificate.
Certified FAA Repair Station
Artemis Electronics is Certified as a Part-145 Repair Station by the Federal Aviation Agency
Our technicians are certified in:
- IPC-A-610, Acceptability of electronic assemblies
- IPC/WHMA-A-620, Requirements and acceptance for cable and wire harness assemblies
- IPC-7711C/7721C, Rework, modification, and repair of electronic assemblies
- IPC J-STD-001, Requirements for soldered electrical and electronic assemblies
Fighting Counterfeit Parts
In recent years, the introduction of counterfeit parts into the supply chain has become a very serious concern for the defense industry. As a supplier of electronics parts and systems, Artemis takes this trend very seriously and is dedicated to ensuring that counterfeit parts are not incorporated into its products.
Artemis operates a robust AS5553-compliant Counterfeit Parts Risk Control Plan that creates an all-encompassing system for the avoidance, detection, mitigation, control and disposition of counterfeit electronic parts, including the use of an in-house X-ray system to screen parts prior to use.
Elements of the Plan include:
- Thorough Supplier Evaluations
- Preference of OCMs and Authorized Distributors
- Employee Training for Counterfeit Part Identification
- Detailed Visual Inspection of Parts
- Testing for Evidence of Resurfacing
- X-ray Inspection of Parts
- Identification and Segregation of Suspect Parts
- Containment Actions and Notification of Suppliers and Customers
- Reporting of Suspect Parts to GIDEP, ERAI and Governmental Agencies
- Quarantine of Suspects Parts Until Destruction
Artemis is a DDTC registered manufacturer, is registered as a Joint Certification Program (JCP) entity, and operates under an Export Control System with safeguards to ensure compliance with export laws and regulations, including ITAR.
Our Export Compliance Processes and Procedures include regular employee training on export regulations and compliance, actively monitoring statutes & regulations for changes, declining to do business with debarred parties / entities / or embargoed countries, and securing our facilities and networks to prevent unauthorized distribution of technical data or sensitive information.
Quality Membership Affiliations
Artemis Electronics is a member of ERAI, the leading industry association for the monitoring and reporting of issues affecting the global electronics supply chain.
Member of GIDEP
Artemis Electronics is a participant in GIDEP, a cooperative activity between government and industry firms seeking to limit product quality issues with DMSMS/obsolescence and to improve product life cycles.